PDO Mini-Thread Lift - Introductory
Mini Threads Embedding Therapy is based on the multiple implants of polydioxanone Threads. Polydioxanone is a polymer which is degraded naturally within the body.
The Mini-Threads are implanted by inserting multiple needles carrying the threads inside. The implantation of Mini-Threads creates a subdermal network of support and stimulation of tissues, causing skin retention and thus a visible effect lifting, in addition to naturally stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
While the effects are visible shortly after treatment, they are most effective within approximately 2 months after application, extending beyond the time of reabsorption of the polydioxanone (estimated to be 6 – 8 months).
The implementation is carried out using different size needles, depending on the specific characteristics of the thread chosen by the doctor (length, size, degree of tension required, etc.) The amount of product (mini-threads) used in each treatment varies depending on the medical criteria and needs of each patient.
Several applications may be necessary. This therapy supports retouching and combination with other products, so the number of sessions and Mini-Threads to be implemented to reach the desired aesthetic result may vary depending on each patient. Once the treatment is completed, additional sessions may be necessary to maintain the improvement obtained, usually every 12 months.
Side effects that may be associated most often are: redness at the insertion points, slight edema in the area, burning sensation and pain which disappear within a few days. Occasionally there may be some bruising.
We are running full-day hands-on sessions and you should supply your own model.
Suit J191/206 Ikota Complex,
VGC Ajah, Lagos Nigeria
- 09:40 AM An Introduction to PDO threads – History of types of threads
- 10:00 AM The Facial Anatomy and The Ageing Process
- 10:30 AM Indications, benefits, contraindications and complications of treatment
- 10:45 AM Pre-treatment considerations – consultation and consent
- 11:00 AM Application of threads
- 11:15 AM Coffee
- 11:30 AM Thread insertion technique
- 11:45 AM Client aftercare
- 12:00 PM Trainer demonstration
- 12:45 PM Lunch
- 01:15 PM Delegates practical session
- 04:30 PM Feedback – questions and evaluation
- 05:00 PM Close